Tuesday, September 13, 2011

IS THIS WEIRD...




This is Ethan...My little funny boy. Well as long as I can remember Ethan has loved hair...my hair. When he was an infant he was one of those babies that would pull on hair. You would see his little hand sticking out of the breast feeding cover reaching for my hair while he was eating. At first he would pull on my hair and I would be in pain, then went to playing with my hair and running his fingers through it....Now this was only when he was tired, playing with my hair was like a comforting thing and would put him to sleep. Then some how it went from playing with my hair to sticking it in his ear....Yeah... At first it was funny "Ha Ha Ethan sticks moms hair in his ear ha ha". Whatever not a big deal. Then it got a little more often like I was his "security blanket", when he was tired, when he was sad, when he wanted to....Anyways so this when the weird stuff comes in...as if this whole thing isn't weird....so lately he has been sticking anything and everything in his ear. I walked by and he was laying on the shag rug digging his little ear in to see if the carpet would get in there. The other day he was putting batman's foot in his ear, and the tip of the play sword...anything and everything he can think of. Then scary things like a golf tee and a pencil....So I looked on the internet and nothing really like this comes up. I was thinking of calling the doctor but I think they will just tell me to keep things out of his ear that would hurt him, and I would feel like an idiot. So has anyone ever heard of something like this? Does sticking things in your ear feel good? He puts things in both ears so he does not favor one more than the other. Just not sure what to do....

3 comments:

Allison Barry said...

No idea. I do love that picture though. It looks really retro.

Jen Perkins said...

Never heard of it. I would guess that it's just a phase. But seriously...your kid is ridiculously cute.

Hedgecocks said...

Kaige doesn't stick things in his ears but he rubs them, pulls them and even ours for comfort. I think it sounds similar......hopefully he is careful.