Thursday, April 15, 2010

dirty dirty...just pure lazyness

Man I have been so lazy lately. I tend to try really hard to keep my house picked up...maybe not always vacuumed of moped but picked up. But as you can tell I have failed. Now this lazy spell has just not been going on for a day or a week...try 3 weeks. I feel so gross. I have no desire to do anything!! Curtis had to go out of town last week for work so I thought I would surprise him and have the house all cleaned and perfect when he got home...I got about half way done and just stopped. Instead I painted my bedroom...and again got about half way done and stopped. I am just so lazy lately. I just do not feel like exercising or even feeding my own kids...I do but I just don't feel like it so settle down. So does anyone have any way to help me out of this little phase and get me going again?! Because as much as I hate it I still don't feel like doing anything...


TOYS EVERYWHERE!!! and laundry on the couch that needs to be put away...


Oh the play room. you would think that all the toys would stay in here but as you can tell from all the other pics I have just as many toys out of this room than in it.


more laundry...toys everywhere and that other couch still not put in my bedroom...

I need someone to just come over and kick my bum. Curtis says I will not be able to handle the house looking like this for much longer and I will get out of this little thing I am in and clean again...but I do not know when that will happen....This is kind of an embarrassing post because I hate when people see my house a mess but here I am showing it to everyone...huh...

4 comments:

Allison Barry said...

I am totally telling this to myself too, but during a lesson on Sunday in Young Women's, our YW president talked about how her lazy sister Kim prayed to not be so lazy, and it helped a lot. The reason this stuck out to me so much is because I have become the laziest girl EVER. Seriously, Leigh Ann, EVER. I'm going to keep checking back to see everyone else's comments because I definitely need help too.

Jenny Roberts said...

I have been stuck in the "not cleaning mode" many times. Seriously, what helps me is to either (1) have a party. Having people come over always motivates me to clean my house. Or (2) invite some friends over to help you clean. It is always a lot more fun to clean with someone. Then a couple days later go help the friend clean their house. I'll come help you. What are you doing next week?

Becky said...

okay...I don't know if this will help, but I have done it in the past and it gave me a little more motivation than I thought it would...so go set a timer for 15 mins and see how much you can pick up in the short period of time...you will be surprised at how much you can pick up when you have only a short period of time to do it :) oh and it helps with kids too, but yours may still be a little too young for that, but it is worth a try!

The Pritchard Party said...

This is Alicia (Chambers) Pritchard. and here's my 2 cents :)

I agree with what's been said so far: throw a party.

What I do, is the same thing as Becky. I set a timer for 15 minutes. I move as quickly as I can in those 15 minutes and then take a break. If you want, you can keep setting the timer for 15 minutes, but I usually only allow myself to do 45 minutes at 1 time if that happens. Otherwise, you're going to get tuckered out and give up.

Small increments helps a lot and you really will be surprised at what 15 minutes a couple times a day can do!